Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Red Hunting Hat

Until recently in my life I wanted nothing more than an item to be very closely connected to or associated with, and for a time, I did.  From age nine to eleven I wore a number of fedoras, I tried earlier in life and developed unhealthy relationships with many household items, I cried tremendously and was mentally scared when I broke one glass in an identical set of four.  I have now tried to in a conscious way remove myself from many unnecessary earthly items.  I say consciously because I like many of them and enjoy owning them, but I try to depend less and less on them for happiness.  Now I believe that I want my name to be what I am recognized for.  I mean this in the sense that i want my name to be respected and I want everything I say to have integrity simply because I have said it.  I think this is far more healthy and that this will lead to me living a good life in every way. To connect this to The Catcher In The Rye I want to stand out from the deer by my name. I want to be able to recognize other people with good, respected names as well, and I want to surround myself with them and alienate ourselves from those who have names which carry a bad reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment