Friday, December 9, 2011

The Beloved Holden

Holden Caulfield is a character.  I actually felt a lot like him this week.  I had my glasses broken, and then was referred to as a bitch repetitively, but I didn't really care.  I'm different from Holden because I got out of this situation and am getting repaid.  Holden simply gets beat up repetitively and fails endeavors, like paying for a prostitute and not having sex with her, and then getting beaten up by her pimp and getting charged twice.  I like Holden for this reason, I have always had an attraction to people who live troubled lives, which is very bad for my health and for every aspect of my life, and is one of the biggest things that jeopardizes my future success, but thats how I get my kicks, without it I'd be less sane than I am.  I think without this slight bit of excitement I get from hanging out with these people I'd find no will to live, because alone I lead a harmless life, which is boring to me, because I'd have nothing but school, which for the most part is unbearable, i don;t mean to disrespect Mr. McCarthy, Mr. Solomon or Mr. Tsichlis, three teachers who have had long lasting influences on me.  If I was truly courageous I'd probably run away, for a week at least, but I'll probably never do that, which is quite cowardly of me.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you won't run away because you have too much to lose. Friends, family, grades. Everything. What does Holden have to lose, besides Phoebe and Jane? I have felt like Holden a lot this week too, but differently. I mean, yeah, I see where you are coming from with the troubled lives thing (maybe you could check out my blog and see my intro :) ). I am like Holden because I have certain stubbornness streaks. I refuse to succumb to society in some areas, and though this has alienated me from other people, I like to think I can see through the smoked mirrors and know my purpose. I have benefited from this tactic.

    ReplyDelete